Aug 1
Today I took down the tower and checked everything. All was OK and I installed receive preamplifiers for 432 MHz and 50 MHz very close to the feedpoint of the antenna. While the 50 MHz amplifier is a commersial type, the 70cm amp is completely homemade with an old MGF1203 inside and 0,66 dB noise figure including all relais. For 70cm I expected a lot of improvement, and indeed I have it. Beacons not audible with pre-amp OFF are well in the receiver with the machine switched on. I did not expect an audible improvement on 50 MHz, but it is well audible. This amplifier has a noise figure of 0,95 dB I measured with a HP8970B recently. I am a bit astonished...
New images of the antenna system are HERE

Posted by Christoph Petermann

View as PDF: This entry | This month | Full blog

0 Trackbacks

  1. No Trackbacks


Display comments as(Linear | Threaded)
  1. No comments

Add Comment

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.

To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.

© Christoph Petermann DF9CY - 2017